Friday 24 September 2010

Calorie Counting?! (oh and a little bit of news!)

Hi Blogland

After yesterday's post, it was my official weigh day today and yep I had put on 4lbs. I'm disappointed in myself but there is no point dwelling on it, what's done is done and its how I recitify it is all that matters.

I had a great start and got beasted by Jillian Level 2 Shred session. Boy it was hard work! I then followed it by a 30min HIIT session on my bike. I obviously had lots of adreneline pumping from that gain and wanted to make a great start to the week.

Breakfast and lunch was spot on but then I had a big big row with my mother whose behaviour I just don't simply comprehend and am baffled by her words and attitude. I didn't shout or swear I was very calm and firm with my words and could see this got to my mother more as she knew what I was saying I really meant. I have been walked over her far too many times and I'm a grown woman now and will not tolerate her behaviour. As a result she left and I then hit the cupboards, lashings of hot buttered fruit bread was on the menu followed by several fudge babies, why did I do it?! I basically let her won by controlling me like that but again its happened I can't go back now. Roll on Sunday when she goes!

Anyway, back to the post in hand, firstly the news which will then lead on to my thoughts and questions?! Hubby and I have decided that we are going to start trying for number 2 baby now. I'm so excited as I really didn't think that after my traumatic birth with Lewis hubby will ever want another child. Well he dropped the bombshell on Sunday when I finished my pill packet and said I want you to come off of it and us to start trying :D Obviously it could take a while as the last time I was on the pill my periods didn't return for 14 weeks but its good to know that we can start trying. One very happy Hannahbella!

This leads me on to my thinking on calorie counting. I have been calorie counting now for a year or so and have pretty much maintained my weight within 4lbs, apart from this week's massive 4lb gain where I haven't been counting at all for the last two weeks and I'm wondering if this is a good time to stop the calorie counting as I've not been obsessing over it lately and just healthy eating as I know I shouldn't really calorie count whilst pregnant. Hubby thinks I should stop and I know I can count calories forever but I'm just scare as its my reins that pulls me back in. Any thoughts ladies? I'm in two minds.

Oh and I just have to share this random dinner that hubby had today. It was chicken, cous cous, salad and eggs, what a weird combo! His response was I don't eat for taste I eat for nutritional content and value, I wish sometimes I had that attitude!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Hannah, brill news! I've stopped calorie counting recently and have been doing ok. I've not really "announced" it as I still kind of do it part time. I think you'll do fine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the baby news!

    I suppose re: calorie counting, I suppose when you're losing weight you're not just losing weight but also educating yourself and developing better practices with food. In theory I guess it would make sense that over time, the need to do becomes less and less. I reckon you'll be fine, you can but give it a go eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies, I'm going to give it a go and see how I get on!

    Laura, it's obviously working well for you with that cracking loss this week, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Squee! How exciting! As you know, I've got on ok without calorie counting. I still keep a check on my weight but I know when I'm eating things I shouldn't be and I know when I've gained weight.

    It'll be much easier for you to get into the swing of not counting whilst your trying so that when you get your BFP you've got your mindset sorted. I think it will be easier to do it on your own accord rather than on a 'i have to' basis when you get PG. Good luck with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. eeee excited news babes!! congratulations on the break through! i haven't been calorie counting for the past few weeks either, last week i lost 3lb, so its obviously ok to go without! give it a go for a month to try getting into the groove, the worst that can happen is you put on a little bit of weigh that you can get right back off again x

    ReplyDelete