Thursday 28 January 2010

A brief bit about me and how I got here (actually its going to be a long one!)

As I mentioned before I have always been over weight. When I was in my late teens I really didn't see it as an issue, I don't know if I was in denial or I was just plain stupid! I was obviously over weight, I was bullied for it but still didn't get the hint. Here was me on a holiday in Tenerife with my girlfriends. I was about 14 stone here, although I never admitted it to anyone. Food was my friend and my foe, I ate for comfort, I ate out of happiness, I just ate and mainly in secret. Nobody knew how much I ate, I wouldn't never let anyone see I was a complete pig!
I had finished with a long term boyfriend and decided that as I was back on the single scene I had to sort myself out. I did manage to lose a few stone and then met my gorgeous hubby. After moving in together and then contentment set in, I was soon back up to 13 stone. I joined weight watchers and managed to get myself down to my goal weight of 10 stone. I then quit as I moved jobs and found myself maintaining around 10stone 7.

After 7 years of being together (to the day) hubby and I got married and had a gorgeous cermony outside in a beautiful garden. I was happy with the size I had got (or so I had thought) and this was it I was going to start maintanance.
Little did I know that I would fall pregnant fairly quickly after honeymoon and it all went to pot. I ballooned in pregnancy, not only did I put on over 4 and a half stone (that was after birth) but my body had changed beyond recognititon. My bump was massive! Here was me at 38 weeks and my bump got to a record breaking 56inches
It was worth if for my gorgeous son, Lewis James born a whopping 9lbs 3.5 oz on 29 March 2008 at 2.53am.

I remember standing on the scales the day I got home from hospital weighing a massive 14stone 9lbs. I was devastated that I let myself get that way. I didn't just have me to think of anymore I had my son and I didn't want to be known as Lewis' fat mummy.

I did what I knew best weight watchers from home and after a long 18 months got down to goal of 9 stone 10lbs. Here I was out celebrating my 29th birthday in July 09.

Yes, WW was good but it didn't teach me anything with regards to healthy eating just to stick within my points. I was snacking of rubbish and eating far too much processed food. I made the decision after Xmas 09 (where I gained 4.5lbs of festive food and wine) to clean my diet up and eat more cleanly. I'm now of week 4 and feel fantastic not only have I managed to lose 3.5lbs in the last 4 weeks (maybe more as I weigh tomorrow) but I'm not hungery as much and have lots of energy.

Anyway this is me and how I got where I am today.


















1 comment:

  1. It always takes me by surprise just how similar our weight history and food history and external factors are... Other than you having the excuse of pregnancy for putting weight on whereas I just got fat :P

    ReplyDelete