Saturday 30 January 2010

Great day food and exercise wise!

Yesterday (Friday) was a good day. As usual it was a manic rush for me in the morning to get the little man ready for nursery and myself ready and out the door all in 1hr 15 mins. As I was out the night before I didn't get chance to make my lunch but I *think* I made an ok choice. Food for today was:

B: Protein shake with 100ml skimmed milk, followed by 50g porridge made with water
S: Protein oat bar
L: Beans on Toast, followed by 100g strawberries and greek yogurt
S: 30gs of almonds
D: 200g mince beef with red onion, courgettes and broccoli with passata
S: Protein shake with 100ml skimmed milk post workout and 20g of almonds

Calories: 1691
Protein: 143g (33.71%)
Carbs: 174g (41.01%)
Fat: 48g (25.46%)

Did a full body weight work out and managed to increase the weight on my squats to 25kg and may even try heavier next week.

I was a little annoyed today though one of my best friends accussed me of having an eating disorder!!!! I eat a healthy balanced diet and I don't make myself sick so don't know where she got that impression from. I was completely flabergasted by her comment and don't know what made her think that. I admit that I have made myself sick in the past (not admitted that to anyone before) after a binge but I am so not at that place any more. She says its because I've lost a lot of weight, granted I have (almost 5 stone in total) but I've worked my ass off to get here through hard work and dedication! If that is being classed as having an eating disorder in her eyes then so be it...guilty as charged!

These comments today and then yesterday got me thinking, in "real life" I am so alone in my health and fitness journey (apart from hubby of course) but no one really gets me or understands me and I don't have anyone to talk to or go through experiences with so that has made me feel quite sad but I'm not going to let it control what I eat as it normally would.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe I'm reading too much today, but since I haven't seen your blog before I have to play catch up!

    The realisation for me was that my weight/diet/exercise routine was for me and me ONLY. Thats why it all comes out in blogland, so I don't try and bore the pants off anyone in real life for it. If we do talk about it to 'normal' people they either think we're obsessed, or ill, or both, or feel bad about themselves...

    So long as we can maintain a sense of balance between real life (ie you can't be 100% on plan 100% of the time, life will get in the way) and use that realism in these sorts of situations, then who really cares what they think. As long as we know we're making healthy responsible choices for improved quality of life and longevity of that life, then thats all that matters.

    I think yes, it hurts when people say things like that, yes it hurts when people call you obsessed, but to be honest, we are a little bit obsessed, aren't we, or we woudn't have the patience and drive to stick to it through all of these external influences?

    (ps it's nice to have you on here and know someone else is thinking the same way as me!) x

    ReplyDelete