Monday 1 February 2010

Weekend over far too quickly

Hi blog land

Its Monday morning and I'm back to the working grind stone...boo!

Looking back from my last post, I can't believe I didn't update you all but I had lost half a pound. OK it doesn't sound like a lot but its a loss. I ate the calories for half a pound loss but didn't eat my exercise calories and burnt enough for another half a pound loss so I would ideally liked a pound but we know the body never quite works that way, even though the maths was right the body just didn't want to let go of that last bit.

Saturday I went out for my 5 mile run in a light dusting of snow. It was so cold and at one point going up a hill I felt like I was running on the spot. My HR went up to 189 so I knew I was working hard. According to my HRM I burnt 590 calories. I managed to average out at a 9min 20 sec mile though so was pleased. My morning runs on an empty stomach seems to be so much quicker than my evening runs. Not sure why that its as you would have thought I would have more energy on the evenings from the calories eaten. I've done 2 weeks at 5 miles for my long run so next week I'm going to up it to 5.5 miles.

Food wise saturday was good:

B: Chocoloate protein shake with oats and egg whites with water blitzed up in batter and made into pancakes - delious!
S: protein oat bar
L: 2 eggs, 2 egg whites on 2 wholemeal slices of toast
S: 100g strawberries with 75g greek yogurt and 30g almonds
D: 2 Peppered quorn steaks with roasted veg followed by protein powder and greek yogurt
S: 30g of almonds

Calories: 1745
Protein: 140 (32.1%)
Carbs: 152 (34.9%
Fat: 60 (30.9%)

Food on a weekend now is so different compared to what it used to be. We would normally would have had at least 2 takeaways, McDs and pizza and then I would have normally sat in front of the TV with half a cheesecake and a glass of wine. I feel so much better though for not doing this and eating more cleanly.

Sunday was a well deserved rest day, I got up early with my son and watched the dreaded Cbeebies whilst we had breakie. I then worked out hubby's month 2 of his ripping plan for his contest. He is now starting to decrease his carbs so had to work out his menu for the next week. We then went out to our local market and bought loads of chicken breasts and fresh fruit and veg. We didn't do much in the afternoon bar a massive cook up of hubby's lunch boxes for the first half of the week and a load of ironing. I also had snuggles with my little man in bed in the afternoon where we both fell asleep for an hour. I love that time we get together and he's still and quiet LOL!

Sunday food was a bit carbulious:

B: Protein shake and oat pancakes
S: oat protein bar
L: 100g chicken, 50g bulgar wheat and salad
S: apple and 30g almonds
D: 150g extra lean beef chilli with 20g lentils and onions and pepers.
S: Skinny cow hot choc and 20g almonds

Calories: 1730
Protein: 124g (28.7%)
Carbs: 197g (45.5%)
Fat: 51g (26.5%)

Today (Monday) I feel boated and disgusting, I think its a combination that AF is on her dreaded way and that fact that my carbs were so high yestserday in comparison to what I have been having all week. I definitely need to try and cut these down some more and up the protein.

2 comments:

  1. Just a personal opinion, but your carbs look okay to me? You're first and foremost a runner, you do need carbs to function effectively... I'd think the bloating is way more to do with TOTM being about to visit.

    And how did you do the lentil/pepper combo? Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kat, thanks for reading, its good know that I'm not talking to myself!

    I think the carb thing was because I had a rest day and just woke up a little too sluggish for my liking which, as you say, is most probably down to AF. I'll continue as I am and see how I get on.

    I'll pm you the oat bar receipe and re the chilli I just made a up big batch mince, passata, baked beans, peppers, onions and then whilst it was simmering I stired through some lentils and chili powder. Obviously being veggie you could just minus the mince and replace with some other form of beans like red kidney. H x

    ReplyDelete