Thursday 25 February 2010

Not Blogged for a while!

Hi blog land, I haven't been blogging for a while, what with being ill and then having a few isues at home that needed my full attention I haven't had the time.

Foodwise I've been good and stuck within my 1700 calories per day. My splits have been awful though and far too many high carb days with not much protien so I need to refocus on this. Yesterday I started back on my protein powders after taking a few weeks break whilst I had the flu so hopefully this will improve my protein levels.

Exercise again has been poor, last week I managed to do a 3 mile run, 2 full body weight sessions and then a 6.3mile run. I was so pleased that I actually managed to increase my distance as I have been stuck at the 5.5 mile mark for ages. I did intend to do 6 miles but I added an extra bit on and it took me to 6.3, I'm gutted that I didn't add another bit on and make it 6.5 now but I will this week or next. This week I have come down with yet another cold (I think I went back to work and exercise far too quickly and didn't recover properly) so I have taken it easy this week and haven't done anything. I'm starting to feel much better albeit a little snotty still so I think I'm going to ease myself gently with an exercise bike session tonight. I know I shouldn't do but I'm really getting itchy feet about not doing anything.

By resting up I've been thinking a lot lately about goals and what I really want to achieve resulting in me thinking about my training. I'm fairly happy with my weight and shape but I really need to sharpen up those wobbly bits and I'm wondering whether I would be more beneficial doing 3 weight sessions and 2 runs rather than the other way around. Part of me knows the answer if I want to achieve a more definied and toned look then I need do to this but I do enjoy my running and making fantastic progress (even if I do say so myself). Also the other part of me is scared stiff, for almost 2 years its all been about weight and what the scales say and it scares me that I would potentially go up in weight. Why does it always matter what the scales say if we're making improvements to our size and shape?!

Also its been 4 weeks since I took my first set of photos and if I'm brave I may post them. I don't think I've made any progress as I've effectively had 2 weeks out of the 4 but I shall do them regardless.

Food yesterday was:

B: Protein shake with 100ml of milk, 45g of oats with water and 50g of raspberries
S: Trek bar
L: 200g chicken breast, 28g (dried weight) of cous cous and salad follwed by 135g of strawberries and 75g of greek yogurt
S: 25g of almonds
D: 2 eggs & 3 egg whites ommlette with 2 mini babybels and mushrooms with a large side salad.
S: 2 oatcakes with 5g of almound butter and 2 homemade oat bars

Total calories: 1717
Protein: 155g (36.1%)
Carbs: 156g (36.3%)
Fat: 52g (27.3%)

I'm pleased with my split today.

Back tomorrow to report on my weigh day and potentially my progress pics

No comments:

Post a Comment