Friday 12 February 2010

Finally coming back to the land of the living!

Hi blog land

I’m back in the land of the living…just! This flu bug has knocked me for six and I have just been so poorly in fact the whole G family have been poorly. Anyway I dragged my sorry butt back into work today and so has hubby and we’ve left the little man with the MIL.

Well since my last post I put on 1.5lbs on the Friday which was very much expected, albeit it very disappointing, due to AF due to be putting in her appearance the following week.

Food wise last week I haven’t been too bad but I really haven’t been bothered to cook very much and have lived off porridge. I absolutely love porridge and it is my real comfort and warming food. I stuck around 1,500 calories a day apart one day where I got chip shop pie and chips as I just wanted stodge! But I didn’t feel guilty I just drew a line under it and started a fresh the day after. Normally I spend days feeling guilty about having a naughty meal and then end up punishing myself with exercise but that didn’t/couldn’t happen this time.

Talking of exercise I haven’t now been able to exercise for over 10 days. I know the rest has done me good but I’m starting to get itchy feet and can’t wait to get back into some kind of routine. In fact my whole life back into a routine, my house is a complete mess and we have no decent food in the house and my washing/ironing is mounding up. I’m going to spend the weekend spring cleaning, shopping and planning my meals for next week. I just feel like I’m drowning with jobs to do around the house.

On to today’s weigh in…wait for it….I lost a whopping 5.6lbs! It means that last week’s 1.5lbs gain wasn’t true weight and AF bloat but it also means I’ve lost a further 4lbs this week. I’m now at my lowest since I was under 10 years of age at 9stone 7.8lbs. I know I’ve been ill but surely c1500 a day plus one day at 2500 and no exercise wouldn't result in that kind of loss?! I must now try and be as good as possible as I don’t want too much to go back on next week if nothing at all. I have nothing planned this weekend even with it Valentines Day as hubby is trying to be as good as possible on his contest diet so it looks like another chicken salad for me tea. I must really come up with some alternatives to chicken and chilli. So blog land do we have any plans for Valentines Day? Are your other halfs treating you to something nice? I’m lucky if I’ll get a card let alone a bunch of flowers…hey ho!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back Han!

    Try not to worry about any weight gain, just accept there will be some as you've been really quite ill. I'm itching to get back to the exercise as well. Going to try the gym after work on Monday, i can't believe i'm looking forward to running!

    No food alternatives to suggest. We're going to try out The Priory in Bath for afternoon tea. Might give us some tips to steal for our afternoon tea at our wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gayle, did you not read further down. I had a whopping loss of 5.6lbs! The gain was from the week before that's how long its been since I've udpated.

    I love the Priory in Bath, far nicer than the Royal Crescent in my opinion. Hope you have fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5.6 lbs is amazing. Congratulations! :D Just didn't want you to worry too much if some of it went back on this week when you get back to normal. I don't think i was very clear! :lol:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry Gayle I fully expect some to go back on next week (unfortunatley :D) I just hope I can keep it to two pounds and I'll be one happy lady x

    ReplyDelete