Thursday 4 February 2010

Why oh why am I starting to get obsessed with the scales again!

I had this problem a while a go and I started to combat it and now I seem to be going down hill again. Not only have I gone to weighing twice a day, I'm letting it control my mood. I have been slowly putting on weight all week and its been getting me really down. I've only put on 0.75lbs (so far as its weigh day Friday) but it might as well been 7.5lbs the way its been making me feel. I know in the grand scheme of things its hardly nothing but I'm working my ass off for what?! I know that its TOTM due this weekend so that most probably explains it but its really knocked my motivation. I don't know whether its because I'm also coming down with a cold and now upset because its unlikely that I'll train tonight but I just feel like I'm running an up hill battle and going nowhere. Sorry for the self indulgent moan blog land, I'll snap out of it soon enough.

Anyway, yesterday I had a good day, I spent the day with my little man as his nursery was shut and we had great fun. I took him to a baby gym where we did trampolining and activities. Seeing the smile on his face of him having a great time melted my heart but also made me sad as I don't get to do things with him like this as I'm at work. Also we visited a friend in the afternoon with her little boy and it was lovely to sit and watch them play. As I was out and about all day I didn't really get chance to eat my calories. I had:

B: JAGs chocolate protein, almond butter and banana pancakes and boy they were delish. I took a photo and will upload it later. Also they set me up until lunch as they were so filling.
L: Beans on toast as I was in a rush
S: 30g almonds
D: 180g chicken breast with roasted veg
S: half an oat bar and 30g almonds

Calories: 1547
Protien: 136g (35.2%)
Carbss: 122g (31.5%)
Fat: 57 (33.2%)

5 comments:

  1. Right, what would you tell me (and in fact DID tell me last week) about this?

    1) You are in calorie deficit so it is NOT weight gain
    2) TOTM is due and you are training harder, BOTH cause water retention
    3) Put the dam scales out of reach, RIGHT NOW, and don't get them out again. That's what your tape measure is for.

    Han, you are already a perfect, slim, beautiful woman. You are working on your physical strength and endurance. You do NOT need to lose weight and even if you put half a stone on through training, you will still be a perfect, slim, beautiful woman, but one with a stronger frame!

    So snap out of it before I have to drive down there and give you a good shake (and trust me that won't be pretty, I can't drive, so you'd also be responsible indirectly for an awful lot of crashes!)

    If I get back from my hols and see you still being like this you're in trouble woman, so snap out of it or you're going to make me worry about you for the next fortnight :P

    x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kat. I can give the advice to others just can't take that same advice on myself LOL! I wish I could get out of this stupid mentality, lost weight = success! weight gain = failure!

    Seeing your pics really helped this morning as I know you havne't lost any weight as such but your body shape has changed loads. I can't wait to see my pics in a few weeks time and see if I can see a difference.

    Hope you have a fantastic HM and definitely don't think about me. Hopefully I'll have some pics like yours to show off when you get back. H xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not lost weight as such? Han, I haven't lost weight at all! If we want to be really anal about it, I've put a quarter pound on...

    You're going to look (even more) amazing in a couple of weeks. You may well shame me into never posting my pics again as I know you'll have made shocking progress! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll keep an eye on her Kat (i'm in the same town and can drive! Lol)

    Han, remember your aim here. I thought it was no longer weight related, but health related and indirectly size related. Focus on the measurement numbers rather than the scales numbers. Otherwise i might be stealing your scales in the middle of the night! :lol:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kat, I can assure you the pics will not shame you! Yours are far better than mine, but I'll let you be the judge of that when you get back from HM ;)

    Gayle, you're right I need to get out of the mindframe that I am trying to lose weight. I guess after 15 years of dieting its difficult to get out of mindset. You would have thought after 8 months of maintaining I would have mastered it by now!

    ReplyDelete