Tuesday 2 February 2010

Good run but I was starving!

Yesterday I didn't have a great start to the day, my little man moved up groups in nursery so even though he is not quite two yet he is with the older children because of his size (he's very tall like daddy) as he was being a bit rough with the babies in the younger group. It was sad to drop him off as it was all unfamiliar to him and it was like his first day all over again. He screamed and called out mummy and was clinging around my neck. All I wanted to do was grab him and go home but I knew he had to do this. It is so hard having to work fulltime when you want to be with your children but needs must and I must keep on thinking that I'm doing it for the good of my family to make a better future for us all. With that in mind it put me on a downer all day, all I wanted to do was comfort eat as I was worried about him. I didn't want to phone and check up on him and sound like a neurotic mother so I just clocked watched until I could go and get him. As it turned out after he got over his paddy in the morning he was absolutely fine and loved playing with new toys. This morning I dropped him off and he had a bit of a tantrum but as soon as they mentioned Peppa Pig he smiled and said bye mummy. So that's it I'm second best to Peppa Pig!!

Anyway I wasn't going to let me emotions control my eating so I stuck to the plan:

B: Protein shake with 100ml of skimmed milk. Porridge oat pancake with 50g oats, 3 egg whites and 200ml of water
S: Oat bar
L: 100g chicken, 50g (dried weight) cous cous and salad followed by 80g strawberries
S: 30g almonds and protein shake with 100ml of skimmed milk (post run)
D: left over chilli from yesterday
S: 3...yes 3! oat bars

Calories: 1799
Protein: 144g (32%)
Carbs: 209g (46.5%)
Fat: 41g (20.5%)

Exercise cals: 451

Total calories: 1348

My run was great, a 4 miler with 1 mile hill, 1 mile decline, 1 mile hill and 1 mile decline. At one point I was steaming away, I felt great. Also my HR was lower than usual, I'm normally puffing away at 180 bpm but yesterday didn't really go much above 173 bpm and I knocked a min off my time. It seriously took some motivation to get out though as all I wanted to do was put my pjs on and cuddle up on the sofa but I knew all I had to do was get out there and I'll be back showered in my pjs on the sofa within the hour so thought didn't have an excuse not to go.

After my dinner I was still starving so I had 3 oat bars. I don't know what was a matter with me but decided to go bed or otherwise I would have finished off the batch of 10 I baked.

No comments:

Post a Comment