Sunday 4 April 2010

Its been a long time blogland! Moment of horror and need to get back on track!

I can't believe 6 long weeks have slipped passed since I last blogged, where has that time gone?! Things have been a little manic with hubs and the little man's birthdays and arranging birthday celebrations for 50+ people. Also we've all had a week off work and spent lots of quality family time together. We went on loads of day trips to the zoo, aquarium, farm and swimming which also meant that we ate out a LOT, also lots and lots of cake has been consumed...whoops! I've managed to keep up on my exercise of 4 sessions (2 runs and 2 weights) which was good but I don't think any amount of exercise would have helped this week.

So Friday morning I faced up and stood on the scales. They showed a 4lb gain and me now being 9st 13.5lbs. To be honest with you I wasn't upset with that weight gain, I will still under 10 stone what I was more upset about was the way I felt. I felt sluggish I felt tired I didn't feel like myself. The more junk I ate the more I craved and it just turned into a vixious circle. On Friday I had a burger and chips for lunch AND a pizza for tea. This is something I would have done in my fat days not now so what the hell was I doing?!

I was already feeling down with myself and hubs really topped it off yesterday! I spent the day in tears, looking at it now it was silly but hubs really and I mean REALLY upset me. He said whilst I was putting on my size 10 skinny jeans (just had to point that bit out LOL!) "blimey they're getting tight" que me having an absolute head benny and breaking down in tears. Of course I heard in my head that I've turned into a big fat heffer and he wasn't attracted to me blah blah blah. I automatically wanted to binge but after some tears I decided to use this as my motivation and get back to my healthy eating and taking care of my body.

The bit that surprised me the most out of this was that I wasn't worried about what the scales said to a certain extent, I was concerned with the way I looked and the way I felt. So time for things to change. I start to make the excuses well after easter so I can enjoy the bank holiday and then I'll start afresh but then decided this was the old Hannah starting to talk again and why put off what I can start now. So this is what I did. I logged back into Food Focus (I should really join WLR) and started to log my food again.

I'm going to try sticking to 1750 calories on a rest day and then extra calories on my exercise days with my added protein shake. I'm also going to start paying more attention to my macro split and try and keep my protein levels around 30% as my ulimiate goal is to build more lean muscle mass. Also I'm going to *try* and stay away from the scales, even though I weighed myself today and it showed a 1lb loss from Friday (naughty Hannah for mid week weighing)so was pleased that it some of it was food bloat plus I'm due on tomorrow/tuesday so 1lb at least I can put down to TOTM bloat. So in all 2lbs gain wasn't that bad?!

I got hubby to take some pictures of me today so I can keep an eye of any visual improvements rather than just scales and measurements. I did take some pictures a while back and to be honest I can't see much if any difference to this set so I'm going to use these as my "before" pictures. I'm going to be brave and post them now to keep me motivated. Please be gentle with me it took some guts (and a glass of red LOL) to post these.



I'm not overly disappointed with my pics but I can definitely see now where I need to improve. Tum, bum and legs are my main areas of focus as well as over all fat loss.

On to my food

Yesterday was:

B: chocolate protein podge with 50g of oats, 100ml of milk and 200ml of water
L: Lentil soup and 4 dutch cakes
S: 20g almonds and 15g sultanas
D: 200g chicken breast, 350g of potato wedges and salad and 250ml of red wine
S: 3 dutch cakes and 2 mini babybel lights

Carlories: 1734
Protein: 131g / 30.2%
Carbs: 169g / 39.0 %
Fat: 31g / 16.1%
Booze: 14.7% (far too high and shouldn't really be here but it is bank holdiay!)

Ohh I did go out for a 6.5 mile run and earnt 729 calories but decided not to eat these after the day before food of burger, chips and pizza.

Today's food:

B: chocolate protein podge as above
S: 20g almonds and 15g sultanas
L: 2 whole egg and 3 white omellette with 60g of ham and 2 mini babybel lights with salad
S: 4 oat cakes with almond butter
D: 200g chicken breast, 185g potatos, 125g of carrots and 70ml of gravy and 200ml of red wine
S: nothing maybe a skinny cow hot chocolate later

Carlories: 1747
Protein: 153g / 35.0%
Carbs: 123g / 28.2%
Fat: 54g / 27.8%
Booze: 9.0%

So here I am in all my glory and with my plan of action. Wish me luck and watch this space for some difference in my progress pics in 4 weeks time.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Han for investing all that motivation into getting back to it and well done for being brave and posting your pictures, you hot minx!

    I will say, next time get your hubby to kneel down to take the photos so that any differences are easier to spot. I'm sure you'll see loads of changes over the next few months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure why you think you need to work on your legs, the first thing I thought when I saw these was 'I want Han's legs!' so you may be looking too hard for things to improve on, in my honest opinion. Seriously, you're gorgeous... But if you feel you want to improve things, I'm not one to talk, it'd be pretty hypocritical of me! Also agree with Gayle, you cantell hubs is alot taller than you... Maybe get him to sit down next time ;)
    In all honesty though, if I look like that after having a kid, a few weeks of junk food, AND with water retention, I'll be one happy bunny... x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thanks ladies, I think its done me good actually having these taken as its starting to make me think I'm not that bad and a lot of it is in my head.

    You can definitely tell I'm a short ass compared to hubby and I've already said to him the next set he's going to have to sit down and take LOL x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just seen this Han, and agree with Kat - phwor (or however you spell it) - you are one hot mamma! You're tum and hips are really slim. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll trade you something of mine for your legs? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. **blushes** thanks ladies you're too kind with your words.

    Nic, I'll have some of your boobies please ;)

    ReplyDelete