Tuesday 13 April 2010

Wow great squat session, 99lb/45kg for 6 reps woohoo!

Wow I had a great leg session last night, I was again full on energy despite having only 4 hours sleep the night before, I have my darling son to thank for that! Eating clean and healthy really does make you feel great. Well I managed to get a PB on the squat rack. I started off with 25kg for 15 reps and I blasted through those with no problems, then 30kg for 12 reps, 40kg for 8 reps and then 45kg for 6! I had hubby spotting me on my last set as this was the heaviest I've done before and didn't know how my legs would react. Hubby was impressed and said that I could have gone heavier but I didn't want to push it. Next week I'll up it again to 47.5kg and see if I can get 4 reps out of that. Who knows in a few months time I be squating my own body weight (60kg)! Legs are not feeling too bad today, inner thighs and glutes a bit sore but I know DOMS will set in later. I ate a decent amount of protein yesterday to hope that it would help with the recovery.

Yesterday's food was:

B: 50g oats with 30g vanilla protein powder with 100g of summer fruits (this was delish!)
S: Protein bar
L: 65g lean ham with 2 babybell ligths and salad with 4 dutch cakes and basil philly. Followed by 120g of strawberries
S: None - I was still full from lunch!
D: 145g lean pork steak with 245g of dry roasted potatos with carrots and broccoli and a small amount of gravy
S: Banana protein shake post workout, 50g of grapes and 10g of almonds (I was starving!) and a skinny cow hot choc before bed.

Calories: 1804
Protein: 177g / 38.5%
Carbs: 194g / 42.5%
Fat: 38g / 19%

Exercise calories: 195

2 comments:

  1. Wow, well done on those lifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I really need to try harder, you're putting me to shame Han!

    ReplyDelete