Wednesday 21 April 2010

My Dungeon Gym and 50kg on the squat rack!



Here is my squat rack that almost killed my legs last night in the dungeon of my gym in my garage, its definitely nothing flash and dark and dingy but it does the job! After my great session last week of doing a PB of 45kg I decided to aim higher. I started off with a warm up of 30kgs and blasted through 15 of those. I then upped it to 40kg and managed 12 reps. I was steaming away! I then got quite excited and added another 10kg to the bar making it 50kg in total! Hubby came out to spot me and he said right you've just blasted 12 reps on 40kg get at least 8 reps out of this. Well as soon as I removed the bar from the rack I could definitely feel the extra 10kg and knew from the start I was not going to get 8 out of this bad boy! I had my hubby shouting encouragement from behind and I was puffing my way through this set and only managed 6 reps (HR reached 170bpm!) I then immediately dropped 20kgs and repped out for 15 at 30kgs. This felt so incredibly light compared to the set before LOL! Legs are so far feeling so good but I know later DOMS will set in. I'm quite proud of my squatting achievements as I only ever used to use the 20kg bar but in the last 6 weeks I've really upped my game. That 60kg goal is in my sights.

Food was good yesterday:

B: Vanilla protein podge with summer fruits
S: Strawberry protein bar
L: Chicken sandwich with celery, cherry toms and 2 babybell lights followed by 120g of strawberries
S: 20g almonds and 15g sultanas
D: 2 whole eggs and 3 egg white omellette with 65g of lean ham and 2 babybell lights with mushrooms and tinned plum tomoatos
S: Protein shake with 100ml of skimmed milk, 10g of almonds and skinny cow hot choc

Total calories: 1783
Protein: 160g / 35%
Carbs: 158g / 35%
Fat: 59g / 30%

Total exercise calories 188

Today after that mamouth squat session together with ballet squats, step ups, straight legged deadlift, and lunges I have a feeling the hunger monster might be with me as I'm starving already at only 9.30am!

No comments:

Post a Comment