Tuesday 20 April 2010

Great weekend, great run and a size 8!

Good morning blogland, I didn't get chance to update yesterday as I was busy at work catching up with on stuff that I didn't do Friday as I was chatting to the ladies on WI almost all day!

Friday night at Chiquitos was great had a really lovely time, I wore my new top that was a size 8! I felt actually quite slim and think I looked ok. Here I am in my size 8 top and my size 10 skinny jeans which I had to wear a belt with as they kept falling down woohoo! I also bought 3 more tops that were all a size 8! A few years ago I never believed I would fit into a size 8. (How many times can I mention size 8 in one sentance LOL! You can tell I'm chuffed!)



I didn't go for a run on Saturday even though I felt ok after my several glasses of wine I thought I would be sensible and swap it for Sunday in case I was a bit dehydrated. Saturday night I didn't have the best food I made a lasagne and ate half a cheesecake (yes you read that right half a whole cheesecake!) Everytime I eat it I always complain that it doesn't taste as nice as it used to but every week I still shovel it down my neck. I'm going to try and remember it when I go shopping next week and get our naughty dessert as something else that I'll actually enjoy and fewer calories.

Sunday I went out for a 7 mile run, I haven't ran that kind of distance in 4 years before I had my son. Mile 5-6 was hard but I got through it. When I'm running, I think oh my what am I doing this for, I must be mad, I'm not really enjoying it blah blah blah but the second I finish I loved it and I could do it all over again, very strange! I also managed to substain a 9 min dead mile pace so was pleased with that time seeing as I increased my distance. A few weeks at this and then I'll up it to 8 miles I think. Sunday's food was much better even though it was my best but with the exercise calories I earnt I pretty much evened out over the two days.

Yesterday food was good and back on track:

B: Vanilla protein podge with summer fruits - yum yum
S: Blueberry Protein Bar
L: Ham and mini babybell salad with dutch cakes and basil philly followed by strawberries
S: 20g of almonds and 15g of sultanas
D: chicken breast with roasted peppers, red onion & mushrooms with cous cous
S: protein shake post workout.

Calories: 1855
Protein: 181g / 39%
Carbs: 185g / 405
Fat: 44g / 21%

Exercise was a chest and shoulders workout earning me 130 calories.

3 comments:

  1. Who's a skinny minnie now?? You look great in your new outfit - are you now convinced to show off your knees a bit more?? If you can't do it at size 8 when can you?? Well done on the run. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for skinny jeans! I'm still too scared to try my size 10 skinnies back on.

    Well done on the long run too, your doing so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh size 8!! well done that rocks!

    ReplyDelete