Thursday 8 April 2010

Cake, a brilliant run and let myself down re the scales :-(

Good morning blogland, what a beautiful day, the sun is shining and the birds are singing. It makes me want to be outside instead of stuck in an office.

Well yesterday I mentioned I spotted some cake in the office, I was umming and ahhing whether to have it or not. I could have resisted but decided to eat it, why not I'm at maintenance now and so I having the odd cake/treat is not going to make any difference as long as it is a treat and not a regular thing. I picked a cherry bakewell yum yum, it was massive about 3 inches in diameter and every single crumb was savoured.

As my legs were feeling ok after my workout on Monday night I decided to go for my run last night and boy I was flying. 4 miles in 36.37 averaging out at 9mins 9secs a mile earning myself a lovely 425 calories. Definitely no need to feel guilty about the cake after that run. I also sampled one of my new whey shakes from my protein. I had the banana one and made it with water and it was actually ok, I normally make them with milk as I can't stand the taste but it got a thumbs up from me. Just a mental note that 100ml of water should be enough as I like them thick and this was a bit watery for my liking.

Blogland I am so weak and have let myself down. I gave into the scales last night, I don't even know why I did it. I wasn't going to blog it but its about time I'm honest with myself and you guys. Its when I'm in the bathroom starkers about to get in the shower is when I'm really tempted. The bonus was that I have lost 1.5lbs despite it being in the evening so know I can add another 1lb to that at least so I'm pretty much back at goal but I am so disappointed in myself, I lasted what 2 days and then caved in. I told hubby that there is no way I can have them in the house. So I took them downstairs last night for hubby to put in the garage. Anyway he didn't and this morning all I could think about was ohh I wonder what my weight is this morning and if I'm back at goal. They are only downstairs I could easily run and get them or weigh down there and no one would know, they were honestly calling me. I then thought about how guilty I felt last night and decided that I'm only letting myself down and I didn't give in I was strong. I then got hubby to hide them in the garage first thing this morning in the hope that I can stay off them for at least 8 days until my official weigh in.

Food yesterday was ok despite the cake which I worked into my allowance:

B: choc protein podge as previous days
S: cherry bakewell cake (not really sure on calories but counted it as 2 standard size ones)
L: 165g chicken breast with 25g dried weight of cous cous and salad followed by 140g strawberries
S: 3 oatcakes with whole earth peanut butter - yum!
S: protein shake post run
D: 2 whole eggs and 3 egg white ommlette with 60g of ham and 2 mini babybell lights served with mushrooms and tinned tomatos.

Calories: 1897
Protein: 169g / 36%
Carbs: 170g / 36%
Fat: 57g / 28%

Total calories after exercise 1472

3 comments:

  1. Hi there Hannahbella, I know what you mean with the weighing in all the time. I used to do it everyday then managed to get it down to once a week but I think I'm going to try and just weigh myself once a month. I'm also at my goal weight but I think I'm a little addicted to seeing if I have lost! Loving your blog by the way x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angel31, why are those things so addictive?! I even had hypnotherapy to try and battle my addiction, it did work for a while but I went back to old ways. I WILL get this sorted though, she says in a not so confident voice lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that hubby has removed the scales for you. I'm sure once they are out of the way you will be able to break the habit. Well done for blogging about it!

    ReplyDelete