Friday 29 January 2010

Yesterday was a great day but some people can be so judgemental!

Well yesterday was a good day food wise and was a rest day from exercise as I have already done 2 x 4 mile runs and a whole body strength training session.

Started off the day with the recommended Chocolate protein and porridge combo and boy it was disgusting, I couldn't even eat it as it was making me heave so only had half my breakie yesterday. I was good and a took an extra oat bar as I knew I would looking for something to eat no long after.

Here was my food for the day:

B: Chocolate protien and porridge combo
S: 2 x homemade oat bars
L: 100g chicken, 50g wholemeal pasta and salad followed by 100g strawberries & 75g greek yog
S: 30g almonds
D: 2 x Quorn pepper steaks and roasted veggies
S: 2 x homade oat bars

Total calories: 1541
Protein: 108g (28.03%)
Carbs: 184 (47.76%)
Fat: 40 (23.36%)

A bit of a heavy carb day that will be all the oat bars...naughty Han I knew I should have had almonds instead last night.

Last night I met my mummy friends from my mother and baby group in the pub and I was extremely good, I only had 2 sparkling waters. Also they bought out a huge bowl of chips for everyone to share and I was very good and didn't have one at all. Of course that turned the conversation to why was I not having any chips...blah blah blah! I just explained that I was trying to be healthy as possible. That was it then they started going on about I didn't need to lose weight and that I am obbessessed because one chip won't hurt me. No I know one chip won't hurt but the next 20 or so I eat after because I've got the taste for it I will. They were asking me lots of questions and I then got told that I'm a bit extreme with what I eat?! WTF! How is my diet extreme?! Grrrr!

2 comments:

  1. Okay first off, wheres the recipe for those oat bars? :P

    Secondly, ignore the other mums. That's a 110% case of projecting their personal health/body insecurities on to you because you've made them feel bad about themselves by you being healthy while they're stuffing their faces. New tactic, smile, nod, ignore...

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do ignore the other mums, Kat is right in that they are projecting. You trying to be healthier makes them look at themselves. My friend always belittled my efforts, calling me a skinny cow and saying how she would hate to be as obsessed as I am - all because it made her realise that she too is unhealthy.

    As kat says, smile, nod and ignore :)

    ReplyDelete