Saturday 12 June 2010

9 Miler today and being asked to be a birthing partner!

I did a 9 miler this morning. I was planning to go out about 6am but my darling son woke me up at 5am and I managed to get him back to sleep about 5.45am and fell back to sleep myself, I woke up at 6.30am and attempt to sneek out of bed (he was in with us from 5am) I managed it and got half way up the hall and he woke up so I had to go back in and give him cuddles. He was wide awake and I normally don't like to leave him and hubby that early in the morning when Lewis is awake as hubby is NOT a morning person and by the time I get back there is normally war! But I thought they will just have to cope so got out about 6.50 in the end.

I ran out of dried fruit and nut bars so the only thing I could eat pretty quickly before my run was an avocado and black bean brownie. At first I regretted it but I'm glad I had something as I was starving when I got back.

9 miles felt much further than the 8.5miles I did last weeks I think its because my route takes me across another two villages so I feel a long way from home. I worked out that I run in and out of 6 villages in total which is no wonder why it feels like such a long way. Really chuffed with my time though 1hr 21mins and 54sec averaging out at 9min 6sec mile which is an awesome pace to substain for that kind of distance. I worked out that if I continue like this I could be coming at 2hours for the half which is just a dream!

Other great news is my little sis asked me to be her birthing partner. She is currently 26 weeks and her w*nker of a boyfriend left her when she got pregnant so she has asked me. I'm really honoured and hope that I will be a support to her when the time comes.

Today has been hectic and I don't feel like my feet has touched the ground. I did my run, went to asda for the weekly shop and with a two year old that's no fun! Cut both the front and the back garden grass, washed the car, done endless amounts of washing and tidied the house and collasped on the sofa just in time to watch the footie with a slice of cheesecake. Yes you read that right I had just a slice when I normally eat a whole half. This new winging it approach has really made me think about that I don't need to binge on the weekend any more as I don't feel like I'm depriving myself during the week as I'm not counting calories. Also another result I haven't stepped on the scales since yesterday morning. I know its not a biggie for everyone but for me I have effectively missed 3 weigh in sessions as I got to twice a day.

So all in all another successful day and another postivie post from me. Where is Hannah and what have you done with her?!

1 comment:

  1. hey your back in blogland! i missed ya! great work on the 9miler! and awwww how cool you get to be your sisterda birth partner so special! i was there at my youngest nieces birth 3 years ago - such a special and meaningful experience!

    ReplyDelete