Friday 11 June 2010

New Winging it Approach!

Blimey blogland has it really been 5 weeks since I last blogged?! Where has that time gone?!

Well after a mini breakdown two weeks ago (WI ladies may recall) I'm finally starting to find my feet again. I was becoming far too obssessed with calories and my addiction to the scales was coming back to haunt me and I was back up to twice a day :-( not good! This got me thinking I NEED to change I can't keep going on like this.

Both the lovely Nic and Kat from WI had given up following a diet plan/calorie counting and were eating sensibly with nurtionally sound food so I thought I might give this a whirl. It would either be a disaster or actually work! So on Monday after a hurrendous weekend I decided to give it a shot I had nothing to lose other than weight! I have actually found it quite easy to do, I'm still pretty much eating the same foods but I'm not obsessing about numbers. I'm still weighing my carbs as I didn't want these to creep back up to bigger portions but everything else I have just been sticking to sensible portions and enjoying healthy food. I have actually found I'm eating less especially on the evenings as I don't have calories to use up so I've only been eating if I'm hungry. Well the proof was in the pudding when I weighed today and lost 0.8lbs. Ok its not masses but after the weekend I had it was pretty good.

As I've not been constantly thinking about food/calories the scales have also been cut down this week, ok I'm still not back to only once a week but every other day is pretty good so far and I'm sure that will be cut down even more next week.

Also tonight I was extremely proud of myself, on the drive home hubby said to me that he really fancied a dounut and wanted to stop in the shop. He passed me the money and asked me to get him 2 chocolate dounuts and whatever I wanted. So I went in picked up three dounuts. Two for hubby and one for Lewis and NONE for me! I really didn't want one. I knew at home I had some black beans soaking to make some black bean and avocado brownies so why would I want a dounut that's full of sugar and crap when I can have a brownie that's full of goodness. Yes I will be polishing my halo before bed LOL!

I just thought I'd pop on to say Hi and I'm off to bed as I'm up early (5.30am) to go for my 9 mile run tomorrow! I'll let you know how it goes. Night night x

3 comments:

  1. Well done Han sounds like you are back to being a well balanced lady!! It's funny I was on the phone to my bank tonight and got through to someone who was from Bristol with a really strong accent. Made me think of you! Do you have a strong Bristol accent by the way?! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeee, now thats a positive post! Well played Han, you can totally do this, we'll get it nailed together :D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies, I am actually feeling postive! (we'll see how long it lasts eh?!)

    L - thankfully my Bristolian accent is not so strong now I'm older and I work in a professional office so my telephone voice has started to take over but it still slips out every now and again when I'm with friends and family that do have a strong accent or when I've had a few drinks LOL!

    ReplyDelete